Backpack Ltd for services, tourist agency
Tomaševićeva 5, 10410 Velika Gorica, Croatia
The agency is registered with the Register of tourist agencies at the Ministry of Tourism of the Republic of Croatia
Personal Identification Number (OIB): 81587460909
Company Registration Number in the Court Register (MBS): 081149915
Backpack travel agency is commited to protect the personal data of all clients by collecting only the information that is necessary to meet our obligations. We inform the clients about how we use the data we collect, and we give them options on using the data, including the option for marketing purposes.
All client data is strictly confidental and is only available to employees who required them to do their job. All employees of Backpack travel agency and business partners are responsible for respecting the principles of privacy protection.
Our email address is available for questions on data processing, management and protection: firstname.lastname@example.org
We collect only those personal information you want to provide us with or those that are necessary to provide and / or improve services. We collect the data necessary and prescribed by the laws related to our business, data required for business offers and contracts, and data for direct marketing purposes.
We collect direct personal information such as your first and last name, address, phone number and email address and other information you want to keep private, as well as indirect information such as ‘Cookies’, link, and system information.
Your personal information will only be used for Backpack Ltd business purposes as well as to manage, support, and receive feedback on the service provided, and to prevent any breach of security, laws, or terms of contract.
Backpack Ltd will never share or sell your personal information to business associates who intend to use them for direct marketing purposes unless you have explicitly given us permission to do so.
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Backpack Ltd. advises parents and guardians to teach children the responsible and safe use of personal information on the Internet. Our website could attract children under the age of 16 and eventually collect data, and in such case, as we do with other data, we protect privacy to the greatest extent possible. If this occurred due to child activity, we delete and do not collect, use or disclose children’s data without parental / guardian consent
Personal data is any information relating to a natural person whose identity is established or can be established, directly or indirectly.
Data processing is any action made with personal data, such as collecting, storing, using, accessing, and transferring personal data.
These Rules do not apply to anonymous data. Anonymous data is an information that can not be associated with a particular natural person, and it is depersonalized or anonymised.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Backpack Ltd collects your personal information, among other things, in the following cases:
- If you contact us directly through any Backpack Ltd website to request information or an offer for our products or services
- If you buy a product or a service directly from us
- If you respond to our direct marketing campaigns, for example, filling out the form for entering the information on our website
- If our partners or principals send us your information in a permissible way
- If we have received your personal information from other sources, such as a broker for business addresses
- If you are under the age of 16, please do not provide us with any information without the consent of your parent or guardian
If you upload an image to the website, you should avoid uploading images that have embedded location data (EXIF GPS). Website visitors can download them and extract any location data from the images on the website.
If you write a comment on our website, you can choose to save the name, email address and website in the cookies. This is to make it easier for you to comment again, so you do not have to re-enter this information. These cookies last for a year.
If you have an account and log in on this web site, we’ll set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie does not contain personal information and is deleted when you turn off the browser.
When you log in, we’ll also set up several cookies to keep your login information and your screen settings. The log in cookies last for two days, and the display settings cookies last for one year. If you select “Remember me”, your login will last for two weeks. If you log out of the account, the log in cookies will be removed.
If you edit or post an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie does not contain personal information and only points to the ID of the article that you just edited. The cookie expires after 1 day.
What is a cookie?
How to disable cookies?
By controlling cookies, you decide whether to allow cookies to be stored on your computer or not. Cookie settings can be controlled and configured in your web browser. For information about cookie settings and their options
Embedded content from other websites
The articles on this website may contain embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves identically as if a visitor visited that other website.
WHAT DATA CAN BE COLLECTED
We can collect the following types of data:
- Contact information – name, title, address, contact number, email address
- Use of the Website – the way you use our site, including information collected through cookies and other monitoring technologies
- Photos and video footage – in case of presentations at fairs, conferences and other similar events, we can accompany the event by photographing or recording video material that is later published on the Backpack Ltd website and social networks
- Sales, services, and service information – purchase information, including customer’s user identity, account or contract number, and information on the fact of using our services, including complaints and requests
- Customer’s history information – degree of customer satisfaction, offers received, purchase data including Item and date of purchase, delivery date, warranty Information, campaign response, complaint history, service and services history
HOW CAN YOUR DATA BE USED
The use of personal data in accordance with the regulations on personal data protection must be justified on the basis of one of the legal “grounds”, and with these regulations we establish the bases for each use of personal data.
Legitimate interest and consent are justified grounds for use.
This processing is based on the legitimate interest of Backpack Ltd to promote and provide information about their products and services, and to maintain the highest standards of sales and services.
Fundamental rights and freedoms of existing and potential customers are measured in relation to the interest of Backpack Ltd to process personal data for this purpose.
Offer, sale and services
Your personal information will be used to process offers, sales and services.
Providing personal data for the purpose of sales and services is a contractual obligation, and if you do not provide it, it will affect proper execution or even prevent it.
Backpack Ltd collects data [contact information, personal information and interests, information on offers, sales, services provided] and can use them to evaluate what news and offers you are most likely to be interested in and to contact you regarding these offers in accordance with your interests.
Backpack Ltd can share this information with partners, such as legal entities providing accommodation services or similar, in order to respond to your requests and provide you with an appropriate offer.
Backpack Ltd is subject to the laws of the Republic of Croatia and is obliged to abide by them , including providing your data to the law enforcement agencies, regulatory and judicial bodies, and third parties regarding procedures or investigations anywhere in the world where this is required.
Where permitted, we will direct such a request directly to you or notify you before answering, unless it could affect the prevention or detection of a crime.
Providing personal data for the purpose of compliance with the mandatory requirements for your data is a legal obligation that depends on the specific demand.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR DATA SECURE
We use various security measures, including encryption and authentication, to protect and maintain the security, integrity and availability of your data
Among others, we use the following measures
- Strictly limited personal access to your information under the principle of “necessary access”
- Secure transfer of collected data
- Setting up a firewall on IT systems to prohibit unauthorized access
- Continuous monitoring of access to IT systems in order to detect and prevent the misuse of personal data
- All your data is stored on our secure servers and secure servers of our partners and is accessed and used in accordance with our security policies and standards (or equivalent standards of our subcontractors or business partners)
Protecting the privacy of your data is permanent, and Backpack Ltd takes all measures necessary to protect it in accordance with the applicable regulations and good practices. We process personal data in a safe manner, and this includes protection against unauthorized or illegal processing and loss.
Protective measures for location information
Certain services, such as a package delivery to the address, can only be offered if you choose to disclose your location.
We take very seriously the confidentiality of such location information and use the following security measures for location information:
Information is collected or accessed in that form only when it is necessary to provide the requested service or where we are legally obliged to keep and / or provide this information (and where we are required to disclose that information to the law enforcement body or to a third party, in which case we will notify you, unless this could affect the prevention or detection of a crime or unless we are not allowed to do it).
Any other use of location information for analysis purposes will be made on irrevocably anonymised data sets.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA
If you write a comment, the comment and its metadata are saved permanently until recall. This is so we can automatically identify and approve future comments instead of keeping them on hold for approval.
For users who register on our website (if there are any), we also store personal data provided in their user profiles. All users can view, edit, or delete their personal data at any time (except that they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also view and edit this information.
Personal data is stored and processed only for as long as is it necessary to execute a certain legitimate purpose, unless the applicable regulations provide prolonged storage periods for a particular purpose.
In the case of giving consent for marketing purposes, we keep the information for as long as the consent is not withdrawn i.e. until a recall from your side.
In the case of rejected offers, where no consent for marketing purposes was given, we keep the offer data for one year, and in the case you ask us to delete it, it will be deleted immediately.
Personal data that is no longer needed is either irrevocably anonymised or destroyed in a safe manner
Backpack Ltd can use depersonalized or anonymised data for statistical purposes. This group of data includes satisfaction questionnaires to which no personal information is attached.
HOW TO CONTACT US, YOUR RIGHTS TO DATA PROTECTION AND COMPLAINTS TO THE DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITY?
If you have any questions in regards to the usage of your data, please contact us via: email@example.com
AT ANY MOMENT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
- ask us to provide you with additional information on how we use your information
- ask that the data we have collected about you is transferred (“right to data transferability”) to you or to third parties in accordance with the applicable laws of the Republic of Croatia
- ask us to correct all inaccuracies in the data we have
- ask us to delete (“the right to forget”) any data for which we no longer have a legal basis to use
- withdraw your consent with the effect in the future in cases where processing is based on consent and related to any direct marketing, in order to stop with such specific processing
- object to any processing [including profiling] based on a legitimate interest due to your specific situation, unless the reasons for such processing are stronger than the right to personal data protection
- ask us to limit the way we use your data, e.g. while a complaint is processed
- file complaints to the supervisory body – the Personal Data Protection Agency (www.azop.hr)
PROCEDURE AFTER INFRINGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
After determined infringement, Backpack will, without unnecessary delay and in the shortest time possible, inform the competent authority of the personal data infringement with a report containing all necessary information pursuant to the Regulation, unless there is a likelihood of a violation of the rights and freedom of an individual, and in such a case the individual and / or the competent services will be informed.
YOUR OBILGATIONS AND CONSENT